Some dogs are really easy to dress up, especially if they are already used to wearing doggie sweaters or boots in the winter. Some pooches even seem to like wearing a costume— probably because of all the attention and treats they get while wearing it!
When choosing a dog costume, keep these dog safety tips in mind:
• The costume should be easy to put on your dog.
• Costumes for dogs should be even easier to take off if he gets tangled or panics.
• The costume should allow for easy movement of his head, all four legs, and tail.
• A dog costume should not block his vision.
• Your dog needs to be able to breathe freely through his mouth and nose.
• Consider how a collar and leash will affect your dog's costume
• Make sure your dog relieve himself while wearing the costume.
If your dog is having nothing to do with any costume you try and put him in, try having him wear just a hat or festive reindeer antlers for your family photos. Even if he or she tolerates it just long enough to take a snapshot or two, that's a win!