When choosing a dog costume, keep these safety tips in mind:
- The costume should be easy to put on your dog.
- Costumes for dogs should be even easier to take off if he gets tangled or panics.
- The costume should allow for easy movement of his head, all four legs, and tail.
- A dog costume should not block his vision.
- Your dog needs to be able to breathe freely through his mouth and nose.
- Your dog should be able to relieve himself while wearing the costume
- Your dog's collar and leash should be part of the costume if you will be trick-or-treating around the neighborhood or outside for any reason