Some dogs are really easy to dress up, especially if they are already used to wearing doggie sweaters or boots in the winter. Some pooches even seem to like wearing a costume— probably because of all the attention and treats they get while wearing it!
When choosing a dog costume, keep these dog safety tips in mind:
- The costume should be easy to put on your dog.
- Costumes for dogs should be even easier to take off if he gets tangled or panics.
- The costume should allow for easy movement of his head, all four legs, and tail.
- A dog costume should not block his vision.
- Your dog needs to be able to breathe freely through his mouth and nose.
- Consider how a collar and leash will affect your dog's costume
- Make sure your dog relieve himself while wearing the costume.
Get dog top costume ideas here.